Apply to get your EIN through the IRS website. IRS website is the source from where you can obtain your EIN number. For obtaining the EIN number, the business owner should be a resident of the US. He should have the SSN prior to obtaining the EIN number. If you don’t have the SSN which is social security number you can’t apply to get EIN.
If you are in partnerships, sole proprietorships, and an LLC company then you need EIN. Along with this, corporations, government agencies, and non-profits also require an EIN number. EIN number will help you a lot in keeping the records of your business entities. Although, this is the Employer Identification Number which will be provided by the IRS.
There are ways through which you may apply for an EIN number. If you are unable to find EIN then no issue, we will surely help you here with better and convenient answers. Before proceeding with getting a new EIN, you should get familiar first with detailed information about EIN.
How do I find a company’s Ein number?
If you want to find your EIN number, just go to the EDGAR database. Over there you will find the company name and fill your company name an then press the search option.
Locate the accurate details about your company and then proceed to go through the whole document to get your company’s EIN number.
- Which type of business entity you have for obtaining EIN
- As an LLC, how many employees you need
- The no. of maximum employees expecting in next 12 months and also about the first wages paid
- If you are a corporation, then mention your state where your in-corporation took place
- Mention the date when your business was started.
Is the tax ID the same as my IRS Website Ein number?
There is no difference between the tax id and EIN number. Both are used for your business identification. Basically, this is a 95 number which is called tax identification number, EIN number, or Tax ID. All these given numbers are digit numbers that are issued by the IRS.
How do I apply for IRS website EIN number?
If you are a responsible party only then you would be to get the onus to get your ein number. The Responsible Party is the person who owns a small business or is the executor of estates.
- Visit IRS website- Yes, this is the very first step which you require to follow by visiting the IRS website on a priority basis. By visiting the IRS website, you are on the board to get it done to commence the way to apply for ein number. If you are a US resident then click on the given link to apply for ein no. – https://sa.www4.irs.gov/modiein/individual/index.jsp
- Fill application- This is the relevant second step to go with the following process of applying for ein. You need to fill the given application form which will reflect on your screen while visiting the IRS website to apply ein.
Completely give attention to filling the application online by putting the radical information regarding your business name, type, and more information it needs to be filled out.
- Apply– Applying for an ein number online, will be the final step you need to go. Before applying, just make sure that you have filled in appropriate information regarding your business as well. After cross-checking all the information put in the application form then proceed with the option to submit your application.
When you are done with submitting your request to apply for ein then the IRS will automatically generate your ein number regarding your business instantly without any conflict.
More ways to apply for ein-
There are two things more through which you can get your EIN no. Yes, it is now the way through which you will come to know how to apply for ein.
- By Fax or Mail- Along with the first process, firstly get the printout of the SS4 form. Just fill it out and do the process by mail or fax at the address of the IRS.
The given address is-
Internal revenue service
Attn: EIN operation
Cincinnati, OH 45999
- By phone– If you are an international applicant though you can call on the given number to apply for EIN no. easily. But make sure that you call from Monday to Friday between the working hours of 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. eastern time.
Hence, this is the helpful information regarding to get your EIN form the IRS website. If get any issue, let us know. We will try to resolve your issues.